How to Quickly and Easily Reset Your Nest Cam?
How to Reset Nest Cam easily? With this guide, you’ll be able to quickly and easily reset it on your own.
Doing so will help solve many common problems, including connection issues or the camera turning off randomly.
How to Reset Nest Cam?
You’ll also learn why resetting your Nest Cam fixes these problems so quickly and easily.
Check the Power
If you’re having issues with your Nest Cam, first check the power. If it’s plugged in, unplug it from the outlet for at least one minute before plugging it back in.
The resetting process should take about 2-4 minutes.
If you’re having trouble with your internet connection, try moving the camera closer to a WiFi router or accessing the camera using a different device.
Update the Firmware
If your camera is not responding or you’re experiencing a power outage, the first thing to try is rebooting the device. If that doesn’t work, then follow these steps:
1) Plug in your camera’s power adapter.
2) Unplug the USB cable that connects your camera to your computer.
3) Hold down the button on the back of the camera for about 10 seconds.
Delete the Camera from the Nest App
To quickly reset your camera, you can delete it from the app. If you deleted your camera by accident, or if you just want to change its name, follow these steps:
- Open the Nest App on your phone
- Select Nest at the bottom of the screen
- Choose My Devices from the menu on the left side of the screen
Restore the Camera to Factory Settings
How to Reset Nest Cam? This is the best way to reset your camera back to factory settings. This will delete any history or events that are stored on your camera.
1) Tap the Settings icon at the bottom of your screen.
2) Tap Device Information.
3) Scroll down until you see Restore Factory Defaults and tap it.
4) This process may take up to five minutes so make sure you’re connected to a reliable WiFi network during this time.
5) Finally, tap RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULTS again when prompted in order for the process to start.
Contact Nest Support
Nest’s support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can contact them by phone or email anytime you need help.
How to Reset Nest Cam? You can also use the online chat feature on their website, but they’re not always staffed. If that happens, give them a call at 888-637-8447.
Conclusion – How to Reset Nest Cam?
-To reset your Nest Cam, you can either do it via the mobile app or on the device itself.
-In order to do it via the app, open up your app and tap on My Home at the bottom of your screen.
-Once you’ve found your camera in the list of devices, scroll down until you see Device Info.
-Under that tab, there is a button that says Device Info.
-Tap on this button and then tap on Reset Camera at the top of the screen.
-That will take you back to square one with a fresh start.